Top Herds Line up for 2022 NMR RABDF Gold Cup Title
Sponsors of the Gold Cup, RABDF and NMR, have announced the finalists for the 2022 award. The five finalists include two dairy businesses from Scotland, and three from the south and southwest of England.
- Liz Birkett, Rookhaye Farm, Bowerchalke, Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Chris and Helen Ford, C&H Ford Farm Ltd, Peadon Farm, Fiddington, Bridgwater, Somerset
- Alistair Logan, Holehouse Farms, Kilbirnie, Ayrshire
- Andrew, Oliver & Wendy Reed, France Farm, Blackborough, Cullompton, Devon
- Stuart Orr, Messers George Orr, Kaemuir Farm, Avonbridge
Herds qualify for entry into the Gold Cup by meeting the competition’s criteria provided by their milk recording organisation, or via nomination from their discussion group or a company.
All entrants completed a detailed form with information on their system, progress and targets for the business. Finalists are selected by a panel of judges and go forward to an on-farm inspection, this year carried out by RABDF’s council members Di Wastenage and Peter Alvis, and 2019 Gold Cup winner Robert Sloan.
The winner will be announced at Dairy-Tech 2023, on the NMR stand at 4pm Wednesday February 1, along with the winners of the Chris May award, the NMR Silver Salver, The Lilyhill Cup, and the Chairman’s Cup.