What is InterHerd+?
InterHerd+ is a comprehensive software package that allows you and your adviser to manage and analyse your herd by combining on-farm records and external data.
InterHerd+ automatically downloads data such as milk and disease test results from Milk Recording and other sources, then combines this with information gathered on farm.
- Key performance indicators on milk quality and fertility for the herd compared to 500 herds nationally.
- Selective dry cow therapy, SCC history of cows due to dry off.
- Farm assurance reporting and disease incidence.
- Movements to BCMS.
- Medicine book.
- Training and support and for the automatic data download of the MRO results.
InterHerd+ KPI Study
NMR and The University of Reading produce an annual study of performance in Holstein Friesian herds, covering the 12 months up to 31st August each year. The 500 study herds are selected to ensure they are representative of all black and white herds (from the best to the worst) that milk record with NMR in the UK. The study, led by Dr James Hanks at The University of Reading, describes the range of performance across the 500 herds for over 30 fertility, production and health parameters.
Primarily these studies provide farmers and advisers with up to date information on performance levels currently achieved in the UK and the variation between herds. These results are used in InterHerd+ to highlight individual herd strengths and weaknesses. They also provide farmers with realistic and achievable target values. The targets are set at the level achieved by one in four farms.
Below are links to the 2022 KPI Study news article and the 2022 report. You'll also find the KPI template to import into InterHerd+. For further details on any of the previous reports, please contact Software Support.
To save and import the KPI template:
- Right mouse click on the KPI template button above and select Save Target As or Save Link As.
- Save the document into your InterHerd+ program folder.
- Open InterHerd+, Data, herd details.
- Click Import KPI options.
- Locate your saved template.
- Click Open.
Please note saving the KPI template into the InterHerd+ program folder allows the use of the KPI when creating a new herd.
Please contact Software Support if you require any help with this template.
Link to help videos on using the program: