2022 NMR / RABDF Gold Cup goes to Scotland
AYRSHIRE DAIRY BUSINESS LIFTS 2022 NMR RABDF GOLD CUP
Congratulations to the Logan family from Ayrshire, Scotland, winner of the 2022 NMR / RABDF Gold Cup. The cup was presented at Dairy-Tech today (February 1, 2023) to Alistair Logan by RABDF Chairman Di Wastenage.
Now in its fifth generation, this family partnership consists of brothers Alex, Tom and Hugh, alongside Tom's sons Alistair and Stuart.
The 280 pedigree Holstein cows in the Logan’s Holehouse herd are mainly red and white and averaged 10,500kg of milk at 4.10% butterfat and 3.40% protein on twice a day milking for the qualifying year to September 2021. Milk from this all-year-round calving herd is sold to Muller.
The use of technology and data to maximise cow health and welfare, and the application of renewable energy are key factors that the Logans consider will help them progress and future-proof their business.
All five Gold Cup finalists for 2022 were awarded certificates for their achievements:
• Liz Birkett, Rookhaye Farm, Bowerchalke, Salisbury, Wiltshire
• Chris and Helen Ford, Peadon Farm, Fiddington, Bridgwater, Somerset
• Alistair Logan, Holehouse Farms, Kilbirnie, Ayrshire
• Andrew, Oliver & Wendy Reed, France Farm, Blackborough, Cullompton, Devon
• Stuart Orr, Messrs George Orr, Kaemuir Farm, Avonbridge, Scotland
Gold Cup judges for 2022 were RABDF’s council members Di Wastenage and Peter Alvis, and 2019 Gold Cup winner Robert Sloan.