To log in to Herd Companion please click the link below.

Read latest news
Events page
Data download
03330 043 043

Share Trading - Frequently Asked Questions

Death of a shareholder

My partner or relative has passed away. What should I do about their shareholding?

Please contact Equiniti at the earliest opportunity and they will assist you with the documentation required. This may involve the small estates procedure or require a Grant of Probate and they will be able to make the process as straightforward as possible for you.


My share certificate has been lost/stolen. What should I do?

If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately. You can do this by calling the NMR helpline on 0371 384 2030. A record of the lost share certificate will be made to prevent it being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. This is to protect NMR from the possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement share certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so we advise you to keep your share certificate in a safe and secure place.


I haven't received my last dividend cheque. Who do I contact?

Please contact Equiniti who can investigate the reason for non-receipt.

Can I have my dividends paid directly into my bank or building society account?

Yes, providing you have it endorsed by your bank or building society. Complete a Bank Mandate Form  and return it to Equiniti.

Equiniti Ltd
Aspect House
Spencer Road
West Sussex
BN99 6DA

Will I still get notification of dividend payments if they are paid direct into my bank account?

You will receive a tax voucher to your registered address

I have found an out-of-date dividend cheque. What can I do?

NMR dividend cheques may be cashed within one year of issue. After this time they need to be reissued. You can do this by returning the cheque to Equiniti. There may be a fee for replacing the cheque. To avoid this problem, you should consider having your dividend cheques paid directly to your bank or building society account.

Changing details - moving house or changing your name

What do I do if I move house?

You should notify Equiniti in writing of changes, which you can do by completing a Change of Address Form and return it to Equiniti.  If you hold shares in joint names, the request to change the address must be signed by the first-named shareholder.    You can determine this from your share certificate or tax voucher.

What do I do if I change my name or get married?

To ensure the details of your shareholding are correct on the register you should notify Equinitiin writing of any change to your name. You should also include a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name deed as evidence of your name change. If you need uncashed dividend cheques to be reissued in your new name, please also include them in your envelope.

Transferring shares to someone else

How do I transfer my NMR shares?

You may at some point wish to transfer some or all of your shares to someone else (for example your partner or other member of your family). To do this, you will need to complete a Share Transfer Form, and return it to Equiniti.

For further questions or queries, please email